From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Getting past captchas with vision issues.
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 23:45:33
1 caveman رجل الكهف wrote:
2 > ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
3 > On Wednesday, September 30, 2020 2:50 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Some sites won't work without java
6 > sometimes i disable javascript only to solve the
7 > easier captcha, then once i solve it, i get the
8 > malfunctioning site, but at least the cookies get
9 > installed! then i enable it again and refresh the
10 > site.
11 >
12 > sometimes this doesn't work, as goog sometimes
13 > calls me "malicious activity" (how dare me disable
14 > js for a few seconds). it works sometimes though.
19 I tried that on a couple sites and all I get for a page is a notice to
20 turn on javascript to use the site.  It loads nothing else.  It's a good
21 idea and I wish sites wouldn't force java on everyone, it has its issues
22 from what I've read, but it seems some think they own the computers
23 people use to surf the internet with as well as their own.  One reason I
24 hate ads and some of the java stuff, it makes sites so annoyingly
25 flashy.  It's hard to read what you came for when you have a flashing ad
26 or some other element distracting you.
27
28 While sites may think ads help them, it doesn't with me.  I built my
29 first rig in 2003.  While at first I didn't use adblock, I've never once
30 clicked on any ad, not once.  It's my unconditional rule.  If I want to
31 buy something, I have sites I go to for that.  If it's computer or
32 electronic related, newegg or tigerdirect is my main sites but sometimes
33 I find things elsewhere.  Some things, ebay, amazon etc.  If they went
34 to the trouble to send my screen a million ads over the years, not one
35 of them has ever been clicked.  I know, I'm weird.  They have their
36 rules, I have mine.  If they ever get it to where sites are user
37 friendly when it comes to ads, maybe I'll change.  I don't see them ever
38 changing and that means I won't be either.
39
40 This new captcha thingy is just annoying as heck.  It's yet another
41 thing that needs to hit the road and leave drag marks.
42
43 Thanks for the hint.  Maybe it will work on some other sites.  It's
44 worth trying at least.
45
46 Dale
47