From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] scanning using the sheet feeder (HP 8600 + xsane)
Date: Sat, 06 May 2017 06:50:48
1 On May 6, 2017 4:05:26 AM GMT+02:00, allan gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
2 >I have an hp 8600 all-in-one and use net-print/hplip.
3 >Printing is fine.
4 >
5 >I use xsane for scanning, which also works well ...
6 >
7 >... except I can't figure out how to use the sheet feeder for multipage
8 >scanning.
9 >
10 >I can select multipage and can the scan each page singly and hit
11 >"save multipage file". This works. But I can't put say 10 pages in
12 >the
13 >feeder, hit something, get coffee, and find a 10 page document on my
14 >computer.
15 >
16 >In case it is relevant, I run gentoo stable / gnome-3 / systemd.
17 >
18 >thanks in advance,
19 >allan
20
21 I use 'hp-scan' for that:
22 # hp-scan --adf -m color
23
24 It scans all the pages as ppm, then combines it into a single PDF.
25
26 It has a bunch of different options, but this is what I start with.
27
28 Downside is that the PDF is quite large. I solve that by reconverting the images to jpeg.
31 Joost
32 --
33 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.