From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Rearranging hard drives and data.
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 00:20:37
1 Howdy,
2
3 Somewhat related.  I googled and it appears I can hook a NAS to my
4 router and share it there.  The router is 1GB, it has yellow ports.  Is
5 it true that I can hook a NAS to the router?  I'd assume it can be
6 shared with anything connected to the router, even my cell phone if
7 needed.
8
9 Also, I'm looking at a new network card for my PC.  With the new much
10 faster internet coming soon, I need a faster network card.  Router is
11 ready, puter isn't.  I found this, sorry for the caps but copy and
12 paste.  INTEL GIGABIT DUAL PORT NETWORK ADAPTER PCIe 424RR i350 1GB.  I
13 found a site that talks about NAS and network cards.  According to the
14 article, this should be a very reliable card and just works.  It has two
15 ports.  I know I need one to hook to the router.  Would that second port
16 cause me any grief?  Result in conflicts or something?  I been using
17 Realtek but article claims these are better.  Anyone have thoughts on
18 this?  Have one and can share their experience?
19
20 Thanks.
21
22 Dale