From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ext3: 10% non-contiguous
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 02:45:30
1 Rafael Fernández López wrote:
2
3 >Hi,
4 >
5 >Well, I'd like to recover those holes (that 10% of the disk) and how to
6 >do it, because I've tried with e2fsck with different options and read
7 >"man e2fsck" with no possitive results.
8 >
9 >Thanks,
10 >Rafael Fernández López.
14 There was a guru on the forums that explained to me that it does not
15 mean the files are fragmented or lost. If you want, I'll try to find
16 the thread and post a link. It made a lot of sense after I read it.
17 Basically, you haven't lost anything so there is nothing to gain.
18
19 I can't remember for sure but I think it was on the LQ forums. I think
20 I can find it but it may take a bit of looking. It was a while ago.
21
22 Later
23
24 :D :D :D