From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Sendmail and Comcast
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 18:15:46
1 On Sunday 08 February 2009, Harry Putnam wrote:
2
3 > I'm including this on the list since I think there will be others who
4 > may find it useful.
5
6 Someone is bound to need it sooner or later, but it was not strictly speaking
7 gentoo-user M/L material so I posted it as off topic.
8
9 > cat /etc/mail/authinfo
10 > # [HP 02/04/06 23:14 NOTE make sure to makemap hash authinfo < authinfo]
11
12 This was my first mistake - in rushing through I did not update the db every
13 time I made a change.
14
15 > AuthInfo:smtp.comcast.net "U:MYUSER"
16
17 Aha! This was my second mistake - I used smmsp as the user. I thought that
18 this was the process runnind sendmail on my mailserver.
19
20 > "I:MYUSER@×××××××.net" "P:MYPASSWD"
21 > "M: LOGIN PLAIN" # end authinfo
22 >
23 > Heed the comment about makemap or authinfo won't work.
24
25 Thank you very much for your help! :)
26 --
27 Regards,
28 Mick