From: Charles Trois <charles.trois@×××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE login with non-us keyboard
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 10:17:24
1 Hello!
2
3 I have searched the Web about this, but didn't find an appropriate
4 reference.
5
6 I run KDE 3.4 under Gentoo on a G4 iMac. The keymap specified in
7 xorg.conf is one designed for the extended Apple keyboard (109 keys) in
8 the French language. It works quite well on the whole (in Konsole, Kate,
9 etc), but the KDE login panel (I don't know its name) ignores it, with
10 the result that name and password have to be given in "qwerty", which is
11 rather annoying.
12
13 I should be grateful to anyone who could explain what bit of configuring
14 is required to make the program aware of the actual keymap.
15
16 Charles
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list