From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] New b43 driver can't find my AP
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 12:56:54
1 Hi,
2
3 After upgrading to the 2.6.24 kernel and switching from the bcm driver
4 to the new b43 driver, I can no longer attach to my AP. If I downgrade
5 to 2.6.23 it starts working again, so I'm confident that the hardware
6 setup is all fine. Using the new driver, "iwscan" does not locate any
7 APs and running wpa_supplicant hangs scanning for an AP to attach to.
8 The driver seems to find the card ok and I followed the instructions
9 here: http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/b43 to get the correct
10 firmware. I also compiled both b43 and b43-legacy (since I have a 4306
11 rev 3 and wasn't sure which one worked) but the driver attaches b43 to
12 my card.
13
14 Does anyone know what I can do to track down the problem?
15
16 --Mike
19 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list