From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] After Updates System hang on "system waits for uevents to be processed"
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 14:32:12
1 On 06/18/2015 02:53 AM, Marko Weber | 8000 wrote:
4 > i found 2 mails here in list, but they talk about other problems there.
5 > (nvidia cards etc).
6 >
7 > any ideas how to solve this?
8 > server starts up after reboot, then it hangs on "waiting for uevents to
9 > be prcocessed.
10 > DEVTMPFS is set YES in Kernel.
11 >
12 > i have no idea why it hangs there.
13 > i need some help from you guys.
14 >
15 > thanks
16 >
17 > ,marko
20 Do you have an nvidia card?
21
22 It is hanging loading a module, and both times this happened to me it
23 was the nvidia module failing to load.
24
25 In my case I found out newer driver versions do not support my card any
26 longer.
27
28 Dan