From: Robert Bridge <robert@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] system lag with gentoo-sources-2.6.35-r2
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 19:15:04
1 On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 8:01 PM, Alan Warren <bluemoonshine@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Is there a proper venu for debugging such matters, or should I just wait for
3 > this kernel to go prime-time?
4
5 Can you reliably reproduce the problem? If so, and you have a kernel
6 that works git-bisect should allow you to pinpoint the offending
7 commit.
8
9 By the sounds of it though, this could be related to the problems
10 Linux has when under heavy I/O, in which case you best bet would be to
11 look to the upstream git as there are supposed to be fixes in it.
12
13 Cheers,
14 RobbieAB.