From: John Campbell <jdc.rpv@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: !!!!
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 03:14:15
1 On 08/18/2015 06:38 PM, walt wrote:
2 > On Tue, 18 Aug 2015 18:03:31 -0700
3 > John Campbell <jdc.rpv@×××.net> wrote:
4 >
5 >> I haven't really been following this closely but I haven't seen any
6 >> suggestion to use "emerge -1 --quiet=y smart-live-rebuild" to remove
7 >> the offending curses output. Hopefully emerge doesn't check/use
8 >> curses unless it's producing actual output.
9 >
10 > A very obscure hint, and I like it :) I have no trouble emerging
11 > packages (at the moment) so I emerged app-portage/smart-live-rebuild,
12 > which dragged in eselect-package-manager as a dependency.
13 >
14 > 'eselect package-manager list' shows only portage as installed, even
15 > though I now also have porthole and smart-live-rebuild installed too.
16 >
17 > Do you see something different?
18
19 I only have portage as a manager. You probably have to re-emerge
20 porthole to get it to show up.
21
22 Your problem seems to be a portage/ncurses mismatch. Once you fix that
23 you should be able to at least see the output from your initial
24 "smart-live-rebuild"
25
26 Whenever I have a problem with python throwing out library mismatch
27 errors I look to emerge everything from the program to the library.
28 Something along the way has probably lost it's library... And as
29 python's an interpreted language revdep-rebuild won't find it.
30
31 Do you get different output from "emerge @smart-live-rebuild" than from
32 "smart-live-rebuild"? I personally don't use the "smart-live-rebuild"
33 script but instead rely on the "emerge @smart-live-rebuild" set. But
34 that's just my preference and really shouldn't make any difference.
35
36 How about "emerge --color=n --nospinner -p @smart-live-rebuild" Color
37 and spinners are the only things in portage that should be using curses.
38
39 Maybe "emerge --quiet=y -a @smart-live-rebuild"