From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Citrix client connection problem
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 09:45:22
1 On Tuesday 04 March 2008, eric wrote:
2 > Mick wrote:
3 > > Hi All,
4 > >
5 > > I am trying to connect to my work's T-Snap citrix desktop. I have
6 > > installed net-misc/icaclient-10.6-r3 but when I click on the remote
7 > > desktop I get this error:
8 > > ===========================================
9 > > "Client Error
10 > >
11 > > No connection to ";40;STAEXXXXXXXXXXXX;XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
12 > > Invalid server browser command header received."
13 > > ===========================================
14 > > (where XXXX are random characters)
15 > >
16 > > Looking at the launcher.ica file that the browser downloads I can see
17 > > that the domain is defined as:
18 > > ===========================================
19 > > [T-SNAP Desktop]
20 > > Address=;40;STAEXXXXXXXXXXXX;XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
21 > > AudioBandwidthLimit=2
22 > > AutologonAllowed=ON
23 > > BrowserProtocol=HTTPonTCP
24 > > CGPSecurityTicket=On
25 > > ClearPassword=XXXXXXXXXXX
26 > > ===========================================
27 > >
28 > > I am assuming here that the client is trying to use the hashed server
29 > > address and the browser cannot resolve this. As far as I understand this
30 > > solution works with guess what: MSWindows (my work is a Microsoft shop)
31 > > and AppleMac. Any ideas what it might take to get it going under Gentoo?
32 >
33 > Have you tried downloading the ica client from Citrix and installing it
34 > to your home directory and trying it? I didn't even know they put it in
35 > portage, I've always had to go to their website.
36 >
37 > Also, what browser are you using (or are you going straight from the
38 > desktop)?
39
40 I think I've gone a bit further with this problem. When at work (behind the
41 firewall) I can connect on the server and the t-snap desktop comes up fine
42 using the Citrix client plugin. However, from home I still cannot launch the
43 t-snap desktop. When the Citrix client fires up it tries to connect and
44 eventually I get this error:
46 There is no route from the Citrix SSL Relay to the specified subnet address
47 (SSL error 37).
49
50 Any clue what this is all about?
51 --