From: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Curious about bittorrent
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 06:42:34
1 My best connectivity sometimes is behind a firewall at school. It's a
2 pretty paranoid firewall, although for pretty understandable reasons.
3 I have trouble accessing many types of content that are useful for
4 teaching (streaming video, for example), and while my students might
5 chat with other students around the world about migrating birds, the
6 kneejerk reactionary firewall obviously blocks that.
7
8 As a good citizen of the school citizen and a good netizen, I wonder
9 where to stand on bittorrent. It seems like goodness to me; but is
10 there any way to even dl a torrent as a dl? Is that something
11 bizaare? How would you handle that? If I mention it to the Powers
12 that Be, such as they are, I will get a stern look and next week my
13 connection will mysteriously disappear.
14
15 I guess it's dumb to ask, but what do people do and what do people
16 think about this?
17
18 TIA
19
20 Alan
23 Alan Davis, Kagman High School, Saipan lngndvs@×××××.com 1-670-256-2043
24
25 I consider that the golden rule requires that if I like a program I
26 must share it with other people who like it.
27 --------Richard Stallman
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list