From: Michael Hampicke <mh@××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Systemd and static network
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 10:47:14
1 Howdy folks,
2
3 currently I am migrating some servers to systemd, and I am wondering
4 what's the best way to set up static networking. Until now, I always
5 used dhcp + networkmanager (workstations, laptops).
6
7 Some suggested creating your own network unit and manually start
8 ifconfig/route or ip via ExecStart, some suggested Arch's netctl which
9 seems to support static addresses and brings a systemd unit file.
10
11 At the moment, following the KISS principle, I tend to a customized unit
12 file.
13
14 What do you use - and what are the benefits of your method?
15
16 Have a nice day,
17 Mike