From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] syslog-ng: v2->v3 config issue...
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 21:37:19
1 Hi,
2 as syslog-ng 3.0.x became stable, all my servers updated
3 to it from 2.1.4, but I have a problem with configuration:
4
5 In 2.x I used "log_prefix()" option for "file()" source.
6 When I tried to start syslog-ng 3.x it complained about
7 "log_prefix()" being deprecated, and said I have to use
8 "program_override()" instead.
9
10 I modified syslog-ng.conf, but it does not work at all.
11 It simply acts as if there was no "program_override()"
12 option in "file()" source.
13
14 I checked syslog-ng-v3.0-guide-admin-en.pdf and found this:
15 "log_prefix()" really *is* deprecated, but it seems to me
16 that "program_override()" was not implemented in "file()"
17 source driver at all! At least, I did not find it as valid
18 option for "file()" source driver in the chapter 8 Reference
19 (in syslog-ng admin guide)...
20
21 How can I fix this? I definitelly need that "log_prefix()"
22 (or "program_override()") option as I use it later for
23 filtering of non-standard log messages on my log-server...
24
25 Jarry
30 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
31 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.