From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is an Intel motherboard RAID better or worse thansoftware RAID?
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 19:05:13
1 Turn on the write caching, makes a *huge* difference, I believe 3ware
2 speciflcally recommend it with or without a BBU. Even on the onboard Intel
3 adapters performs far far better with write-caching on.
4
5 I've got a couple of servers with Areca cards in, but their either running
6 Windows or just uses it in JBOD mode. RAID performance (in Windows) is
7 excellent.
8