From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new machine : proposed design
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 05:55:06
1 >> CPU : AMD Bulldozer X4 FX-4170 4-Core 4,2 GHz 8 MB : 149.99 (CAD)
2
3 I don't know your use case, but the only thing that is CPU intensive
4 for me is software compilation, and since that uses more cores nicely,
5 i'd go an 8150 to get 8 cores.
6
7 >> Case : Canada Computer NA-680 ATX Tower 450 W W/CR : 42.99
8
9 IMO power supplies are the least reliable bit of a PC so go for a
10 quality one. I had an Antec that didn't last as long as it should, so
11 I bought a Corsair last time. Of course making a decision on a sample
12 size of one is not credible...