From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How would I disable Flash (oand other things) for a single account?
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 00:24:24
1 Is it possible to shut off all multimedia stuff for a single account?
2 It's doesn't have to be securely off, just off, so if it cannot be
3 done by meddling with group membership then doing something in a root
4 owned bash file that executes when the user logs in even that's fine
5 with me. (Uh - even I don't know much about what Linux/Gnome does when
6 a user logs in so I'll get to learn a bit also!)
7
8 I've removed the user account from the audio, video and games groups.
9 When playing YouTube stuff sound is gone but the Flash video is still
10 there. Can I stop that from working. maybe by changing paths if
11 there's not an easier way to do it?
12
13 Thanks,
14 Mark