From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Netgear AC1750 C7 V2 and IPv6
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 16:59:36
Dale wrote:
> Howdy, > > <<< SNIP >>> > Does this look like a upstream problem with my ISP or am I missing some > setting somewhere?  If you need additional info, let me know.  The > changes I made in IP numbers should be the same whether it's the modem, > router or puter.  I tried to match them up and only change enough to > make tracking hard. > > Thanks much. > > Dale > > :-)  :-) >
Update.  Mick and I have beat this poor router until it is badly bruised.  I think we tried about every option the router has.  I hate calling the AT&T service number.  I usually have to go up a couple tiers before I get someone who knows answers since I use Linux here.  Windoze, mac, they can help a bit.  Linux, not the low level folks.  Well, it finally hit me, I had the cell number of a tech from several years ago.  He mostly works on phone service but he knows a bit about the DSL part as well.  He got promoted I think a while back.  I texted him and found out something I wish I had known before.  The DSL box that sits up the road does not support IPv6.  That explains why nothing worked.  So, after beating on that thing, I end up with nothing but IPv4 like I had before.  Well, there is one improvement.  I do have a very nice wireless router.  That thing has AWESOME wireless range when using those long 9db antennas.  They over a foot long but I can connect with my cell phone 300 feet down the road.  ROFL  Even going to the mailbox isn't a issue now.  Old router, barely made it out the door and off the porch. Thanks to all, especially Mick, who helped with this thing.  Maybe one day, just maybe.  Dale :-)  :-)