From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Netgear AC1750 C7 V2 and IPv6
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 16:59:36
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > <<< SNIP >>>
5 > Does this look like a upstream problem with my ISP or am I missing some
6 > setting somewhere?  If you need additional info, let me know.  The
7 > changes I made in IP numbers should be the same whether it's the modem,
8 > router or puter.  I tried to match them up and only change enough to
9 > make tracking hard.
10 >
11 > Thanks much.
12 >
13 > Dale
14 >
15 > :-)  :-)
19 Update.  Mick and I have beat this poor router until it is badly
20 bruised.  I think we tried about every option the router has.  I hate
21 calling the AT&T service number.  I usually have to go up a couple tiers
22 before I get someone who knows answers since I use Linux here.  Windoze,
23 mac, they can help a bit.  Linux, not the low level folks.  Well, it
24 finally hit me, I had the cell number of a tech from several years ago.
25 He mostly works on phone service but he knows a bit about the DSL part
26 as well.  He got promoted I think a while back.  I texted him and found
27 out something I wish I had known before.  The DSL box that sits up the
28 road does not support IPv6.  That explains why nothing worked.  So,
29 after beating on that thing, I end up with nothing but IPv4 like I had
30 before.
31
32 Well, there is one improvement.  I do have a very nice wireless router.
33 That thing has AWESOME wireless range when using those long 9db
34 antennas.  They over a foot long but I can connect with my cell phone
35 300 feet down the road.  ROFL  Even going to the mailbox isn't a issue
36 now.  Old router, barely made it out the door and off the porch.
37
38 Thanks to all, especially Mick, who helped with this thing.  Maybe one
39 day, just maybe.
40
41 Dale
42