From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: rdalek1967@×××××.com
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 18:32:57
1 On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 12:41:03 -0500
2 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > FYI. Most people don't say anything, they just blacklist you. After
5 > that, you don't exist to them.
6
7 Yes, that's up to those few; it could happen, but most respond instead.
8
9 > To my knowledge, the only emails I have not got when someone sent to
10 > this mailing list is when the mailing list server had problems and
11 > that was a long long time ago. You send a email to the list and the
12 > list gets the email. There is NO need to CC everyone so that they
13 > get dups. Period.
14
15 There is a need, see the previous mails about it; the need stays as is.
16
17 > We don't need a CC guarantee.
18
19 I do, as I spend time on this; that time should have guaranteed results.
20
21 > This is a COMMUNITY effort here and you seem to not want to be a part
22 > of the community.
23
24 If it were true, I would stop my contributions and support here and now.
25
26 > If you don't want to be here by the standards set, say good bye.
27
28 The etiquette is the standard that I follow, it encourages this; it
29 is stepping away from that etiquette and thus results in "good bye":
30
31 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/273297
32
33 Consider that each time you tell some user to not CC or so on the ML,
34 you're actually sending an extra mail to a ton of people yourself;
35 whereas the mail telling that ignores the subject of the thread,
36 please consider to do this in an off-list reply with positive words.
37
38 > I'm trying to help you by telling you this. People will blacklist
39 > you and never say a word about it. I suspect quite a few already
40 > has. It would be wise to change your way of handling this list or
41 > you will lose.
42
43 And others try to help me by telling the opposite; so, when two
44 groups of people tell you to do something that conflicts, which one
45 would be picked? Well, pick the one that respects our etiquette; and
46 along that, the same one guarantees that my time is spent wise.
47
48 Similarly, would you spend time to keep asking this everytime it happens
49 by one or another individual or just simply filter it once and for all?
52 With kind regards,
53
54 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
55 Gentoo Developer
56
57 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
58 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
59 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D