From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cleaning up world
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 18:23:33
1 On 19 May 2009, at 18:32, felix@×××××××.com wrote:
2 > ...
3 > So today I started a cleanup project. I began by moving world to
4 > world-bloated and running emerge --depclean -p just to see what would
5 > happen. The answer is ... a loop!
6
7 It appears you no longer have a world file (because you moved it,
8 rather than copying).
9
10 I would copy it then, as Volker suggests, edit the original.
11
12 > There were a couple of missing or out of date packages and I emerged
13 > them. But libusb has to be 10.6 to make some packages happy and 10.7
14 > to satisfy others.
15
16 If this is _really_ the case, then look at the packages that need 1.6.
17 Look at the later, ~x86 or masked, versions of them and find one that
18 supports 1.7. Unmask that & emerge it.
19
20 As Alan hints at ("Edit the world file and remove every version number
21 in that file if present"), I think you might find that you don't
22 really have any packages that won't support later than 1.6. Perhaps
23 you just have 1.6 pinned in your world file, or you have an older
24 version of a package (which has since been upgraded to support 1.7)
25 pinned.
26
27 Stroller.