From: Heiko Baums <lists@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] remove gnome/systemd
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 21:21:00
1 Am Tue, 12 Sep 2017 17:55:22 +0200
2 schrieb Raffaele Belardi <raffaele.belardi@××.com>:
3
4 > 2. emerge -C gnome networkmanager
5
6 You don't need to uninstall networkmanager except you want to uninstall
7 it for some other reasons. It doesn't need gnome or systemd.
8
9 > 5. emerge -N lxde-meta
10
11 I'd prefer Xfce, but that's a matter of taste. As far as I know LXDE
12 isn't developed any more in favor of LXQt.
13
14 > 6. emerge -N xdm openrc anacron sysklogd sysvinit
15
16 You don't need to install sysvinit explicitly. It's a dependency of
17 openrc.
18
19 Instead of anacron I'd suggest fcron. It has all the features of both
20 cron and anacron.
21
22 Instead of sysklogd I would use syslog-ng. I don't remember the reasons.
23
24 Instead of xdm you'd better try slim or lightdm. Lightdm doesn't need
25 systemd either, except if you want to use multiseat with it.
26
27 Then you should replace udev by eudev and put USE="-gnome -systemd"
28 into your USE flags in /etc/portage/make.conf.
29
30 Just to be absolutely sure put this line into
31 your /etc/portage/make.conf, too:
32 INSTALL_MASK="/lib/systemd /lib32/systemd /lib64/systemd /usr/lib/systemd /usr/lib32/systemd /usr/lib64/systemd /etc/systemd"
33
34 Heiko