From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: SVG plugin
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 16:02:59
1 2009/6/15 Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>:
2 > On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Kevin O'Gorman<kogorman@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> I tried that Adobe site in FF on gentoo and ubuntu with the same
4 >> non-result.  On Vista, I tried FF, Opera, Safari and IE 8, with varied
5 >> forms of failure.  Interestingly, Opera at least offered to start
6 >> inkscape to view the image, which succeeded.  The text on that image
7 >> suggested it's specific to an adobe plugin -- which it plugs of
8 >> course.
9 >>
10 >> Does somebody have a web page with SVGs that normal browsers with
11 >> non-proprietary plugins/viewers _can_ view?
12 >
13 > http://www.w3schools.com/svg/svg_inhtml.asp
14 >
15 > This page has examples of 3 ways to do it (you should see blue
16 > rectangles if SVG is rendering). All 3 examples work for me in Firefox
17 > 3.0.11, Seamonkey 1.1.16, Opera 9.64, Konqueror 4.2.3 and Safari 4
18 > (all on Windows). Internet Explorer 8, naturally, requires a plug-in
19 > to view SVG.
20
21 All three examples show a solid blue rectangle in FF and Konqueror and
22 go in a terrible loop of opening more and more tabs in Opera.
23 --
24 Regards,
25 Mick