From: Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Locate and Fix .text Relocations (TEXTRELs)
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 07:54:37
1 Hi,
2
3 this morning my akregator didn't want to weak up.
4 So, I launched it from konsole and as I saw no output, I decide to
5 rebuild it (I've been playing around with some use flags, adding,
6 removing...)
7
8 #eix akregator
9 * kde-base/akregator
10 Available versions: 3.4.3 3.5.2 ~3.5.3
11 Installed: 3.4.3 3.5.2
12
13 (Why do I have 2 akregators?)
14
15 Then, after akregator compilation, I was looking for some warning and I
16 found a message that toke me to
17 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/pic-fix-guide.xml.
18
19 I do not understand much from that site, but I did a:
20 $ scanelf -lpqt |wc -l
21 114
22
23 and, as the howto says:
24 "Ideally, scanelf should not display anything, but on an x86 system,
25 this is rarely the case."
26
27 I thought that 114 are quite enough to ask some one with more knowledge
28 if my system is completly broken or not.
29
30 Anyone could explain me why do I have 114 "broken files"?
31
32 Cheers!
35 Arnau Bria
36 http://blog.emergetux.net
37 La vida es una aplastante derrota tras otra hasta que
38 acabas deseando que se muera Flanders.
39 ~Homer J. Simpson~
40 --
41 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list