From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why does app-text/xmlto require a CLI web client?
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2018 14:54:42
1 On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 9:24 AM, James Stevenson
2 <james.al.stevenson@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > Hello,
4 >
5 > I was removing www-client/w3m the other day as I have recently switched
6 > over to emacs for my cli browser, however w3m was pulled in as a
7 > dependency of app-text/xmlto. xmlto, in turn is pulled in by
8 > sys-apps/dbus and x11-misc/xdg-utils. I decided to remove w3m with
9 > `emerge -C` before running a `change-use` command. xmlto began to
10 > merge www-client/lynx. I cannot find anything in the man pages about
11 > xmlto requiring a CLI web client but it apparently does. Does anyone
12 > have any idea what is going on? I do not have xmlto in my
13 > package.accept_keywords or package.use.
14
15 app-text/xmlto[text] depends on a text-based web browser to produce a
16 plain-text output from docbook XML.
17
18 See /usr/share/xmlto/format/docbook/txt for details.