From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Something firewall-ish
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 16:47:10
1 Hi,
2
3 this question is not related to a fully fledged,
4 big local area network with DMZs and such.
5
6 Even the word "firewall" seems to be a little too
7 "huge and mighty" in this context to me.
8
9 "The network" consists of a PC, which is connected
10 to a FritzBox (cable, no Wifi/WLAN), which connects
11 to the ISP (internet) and (same adress range) to a
12 embedded system (eth1)
13
14 There are two additional embedded systems, both on
15 a separate interface (eth over usb: usb0 & usb1).
16
17 I want to block (DROP or REJECT) the access to certain
18 sites (the "noise" which is produced mostly by sites,
19 which all exclusively "only want my best": ads, trackers, analysts
20 and so on...)
21
22 I tried different tools: fwbuilder, which locks up either itsself
23 or my rulesset...I had to reboot and Shorewall, which definitely
24 is a great tool....a little too great tool and much more capable
25 as I am... ;)
26
27 I am sure that the problems are mostly not the problems of the
28 tools but mine.
29
30 Is there any simple straight forward tool to just block accesses
31 to certain sites?
32
33 Best regards,
34 Meino