From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mini-PCIe SSD
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2014 19:12:27
1 On 09/07/2014 11:55 AM, Grant wrote:
2 > I'm trying to use one of these mini-PCIe storage devices:
3 >
4 > http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008KWEA88
5 >
6 > in a Gigabyte Brix mini-computer but there isn't a /dev/sd* entry for
7 > it and it isn't in lspci. Any ideas?
10 This may be a silly question - if you have an early revision of one of
11 these, does the BIOS even support an SSD in the mini-PCIe slot? Maybe
12 there's a BIOS update? I see that the new revisions do in fact support
13 mini-PCIe SSDs, but that doesn't mean earlier revisions do.
14
15 I've read online that some manufacturers are using the mini-PCIe slot in
16 some devices but they don't adhere to the mini-PCIe specs, which means
17 if you plug something other than the card provided (like your SSD) it
18 won't work...
19
20 Dan