From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Noob WiFi question (yes-or-no answer will suffice) [SOLVED]
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 11:23:22
1 On Tue, 7 Oct 2014 05:59:28 +0100, Mick wrote:
2
3 > The only feature that I can't get to work with my router is configuring
4 > a static address for the particular router MAC address, but using dhcpd
5 > for any other wired gateway I happen to connect to with my laptop.
6
7 Do you have admin access on the router? If so, it would be simpler to
8 configure the router's DHCP server to provide the specified address to
9 your laptop, then you can use DHCP for everything.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 Cross-country skiing is great in small countries.