From: "Jonathan R. Haws" <Jonathan.Haws@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub hell
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 20:38:07
1 Why not go Seamless with a VM? That works great for me. That way you
2 can forget about the dual boot. Just set the VM to run on startup and
3 you can access any Windows program from within Gentoo. Works great,
4 speed is just as fast as when booting to XP.
5
6 http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=433359&highlight=seamless
7
8 Yes the how to is for ubuntu, but its the same across all platforms.
9 The only difference really is setting up the bridge. If you do it, make
10 sure you set permissions correctly on the folder containing the
11 seamlessshell.exe program (i gave everyone full control).
12
13 -jrh
14
15 maxim wexler wrote:
16 >> http://supergrub.forjamari.linex.org/
17 >>
18 >> I use this cd image and it works like a treat.
22 > Not for me. Same problem: grub can get the HDs
23 > straight. I quit.
24 >
25 > Not a great biggee; I only use XP for one proprietary
26 > program that has yet to be linux-fied. I'll just tell
27 > the BIOS to boot from that drive whenever I have to
28 > use it again, which is rarely.
29 >
30 > Outtahere,
31 >