From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Kerin Millar <kerframil@×××××××××××.uk>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Heads-up: Several kernel versions have severe EXT4 data corruption bug
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 18:29:28
1 On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 1:19 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann
2 <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 [snip]
4 > and that ONLY two people who did some REALLY stupid stuff to stumble over that
5 > bug are hit by it, should tell you something.
6
7 Actually, it seems only *one* person can reliably reproduce this bug:
8
9 https://plus.google.com/u/0/117091380454742934025/posts/f5a1eHxUzSh
10
11 "The problem is no one other than one person who is using non-standard
12 mount options (which I should have disabled by default, because they
13 are known to be problematic) has been able to reliably reproduce the
14 problem."
15
16 But there is a lot of news sites who'll never miss a chance to scream
17 that the sky is falling. I don't think we'll see this last update from
18 Ted neither on Slashdot nor in Phoronix.
19
20 Regards.
21 --
22 Canek Peláez Valdés