From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT]UPS battery dead?
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 17:31:47
1 > Unplug all your electronic devices and plug in a lamp with
2 > a 100 Watt
3 > incandescent light build. With the lamp on unplug the UPS
4 > from the
5 > wall and see what happens. If the battery is dead it won't
6 > last all
7 > that long.
8
9 Gave ~5 mins. So I let it charge for 24 hrs now it gives me 36 mins. Which is wierd; what happened to all that charge? I haven't had to use it for 6-7 mons. Isn't the unit supposed to stay topped-up?
10
11 Another thing: When I do the remove-the-usb-cable test I don't see the "communication lost" error in apcupsd.events until I switch the dial-up off and on quickly!
12
13 In the conf file I have DEVICE: /dev/ttyS[0-3] because the default, /dev/ttyS0, locks out the modem. But why does the UPS need to know about serial ports? It connects by this funny RJ-45/USB cable. I wonder does the manufacturer assume the serial port won't be used?
14
15 mw
21 The new Internet Explorer® 8 - Faster, safer, easier. Optimized for Yahoo! Get it Now for Free! at http://downloads.yahoo.com/ca/internetexplorer/