From: Jeff Cranmer <jeff@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems with Nvidia fake raid array
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 00:40:58
1 On Tue, 2011-07-26 at 16:55 -0700, Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > On 01/-10/37 11:59, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
3 > >
4 > > I think this one should have worked? It seems to have found the
5 > > superblock on /dev/sda, at least.
6 > >
7 > > Anyway, I imagine everyone (myself included) is afraid to tell you to do
8 > > anything at this point that might trash your data. My advice now would
9 > > be to put it back where it worked, and make a backup.
10 >
11 > I'm just going through this myself. As far as I know mdadm does *not*
12 > support nvraid. It does support imsm, or intel raid, which I'm in the
13 > process of setting up on my workstation.
14 >
15 > I can't find anything in the docs regarding mdadm working with nvraid,
16 > you should be trying dmraid for that.
17 >
18 > If all you have is /dev/control and you are not using a dmraid supported
19 > kernel (genkernel requires dodmraid to find and assemble arrays) then
20 > execute `dmraid -ay` and check dmesg and /dev/mapper for contents.
21 >
22 > Dan
23 >
24 Thanks Dan,
25
26 I'm not using genkernel at the moment. I'll try those steps and let you
27 know how it goes. The Raid array worked on the OpenSuse operating
28 system that I blew away to install gentoo, so I should be able to
29 resurrect it without wiping everything out.
30
31 Jeff