From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mount Android phone on Gentoo - Transport endpoint is not connected
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2018 09:47:59
1 On Sat, 6 Oct 2018 03:51:21 +0200, Heiko Baums wrote:
2
3 > > I'm trying to access my android phone via Linux.
4 > > Installed: emerge -avq sys-fs/mtpfs
5 >
6 > I haven't heard about mtpfs yet, but maybe you could try ssh and/or
7 > sshfs.
8 >
9 > Just install the app SSHelper on your phone and sshfs on your Gentoo
10 > system. SSHelper is basically an ssh server which is pretty well
11 > documented on its website and it's OpenSource.
12
13 I've found mtpfs unreliable in the past and now use either SSHelper to
14 access the phone from the computer or ES File Manager on the phone to
15 access the computer over SFTP or CIFS.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off now.