From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kmplayer, video and audio not syncing.
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 11:17:57
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 >
3 > I haven't snipped - the output might be useful later in the thread.
4 >
5 > First, the "slow system" message always means something, but it's a bit
6 > generic. It means that mplayer can't process the audio fast enough and like
7 > the message says is often buggy driver or wrong configs. Try the suggestions
8 > listed.
9 >
10 > An OOo compile in the background will indeed kill interactive processes. I
11 > find that even on this DualCore2 2.6 notebook with 4G of RAM, building OOo
12 > sends the load through the roof, especially when it starts printing progress
13 > lines with lots of dots. It's IO blocking on something and the entire machine
14 > just sits there doing nothing whatsoever except sit in a tight loop waiting
15 > for soemthing to happen in the build.
16 >
17 > Try again once emerge OOo has completed. emerge KDE should not affect things
18 > anywhere near the same amount.
24 I'm a snipping. LOL I haven't ignored this reply, I been testing some
25 things. It appears that some file types are worse than others. .mp4
26 for example seems to be worse than a .flv. I'm still trying to make
27 some sense out of this so I can report back something that makes sense.
28 Trust me, that can be a challenge for me sometimes. ;-)
29
30 Back when something falls into place. Oh, waiting until OOo was done
31 compiling did help a LOT. It's still a little bit off tho.
32
33 Dale
34