From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] building a machine for Gentoo
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 21:33:41
1 > In general, looks to be pretty good. 1GB of RAM will certainly be enough
2 > for Linux.
3
4 Sure (I have 1 Gb and I never swap, even with more than a dozen of
5 not-lightweight apps open and a full KDE desktop).
6
7 However, if your machine has to last somehow long, the more RAM the
8 better. You don't know how much RAM will suck KDE 5 or Gnome 3 :) ...
9
10 2 Gb of RAM today is standard. If you want to start with 1 Gb, buy a
11 single 1 Gb stick, and not two 512 Mb ones -so when you will want to
12 upgrade, you'll have less problems.
13
14 m.
15 --