From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 'emerge --resume' problem
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 09:03:27
1 On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 18:43:57 -0800, Grant wrote:
2
3 > Hello, I've been recompiling my system with gcc 3.4 and utilizing
4 > emerge --resume. The last time I used emerge --resume it started
5 > emerging firefox and said "1 of 3". The next time I checked on it,
6 > firefox had emerged successfully but the process then stopped. I ran
7 > emerge --resume again and it started emerging firefox again and again
8 > said "1 of 3". Is this a bug?
9
10 If the emerge process stopped at Firefox instead of continuing with the
11 next, the Firefox emerge did not complete successfully. That's why resume
12 is starting it again.
13
14 Use emerge --resume --skipfirst to emerge the rest of the outstanding
15 packages, then emerge Firefox again with logging enabled - set
16 PORT_LOGDIR in make.conf.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 I like you. You remind me of when I was young and stupid.