From: "Marc Stürmer" <mail@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Jitsi or Other Skype Alternative
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 15:50:05
1 Am 20.08.2013 17:12, schrieb Randy Westlund:
2 > For a multitude of reasons, I'd like to get rid of skype. I've heard several people mention jitsi, but was surprised to find that it's not in the portage tree.
3
4 Well, there's always been something being called a Skype killer over the
5 last few years, but no program really killed it.
6
7 Even now no program is going to really kill Skype.
8
9 And why not? Because most users just want a program that works right out
10 of the box for them without problems and Skype is just that. It went
11 great lengths to achieve this goal.