From: Martins Steinbergs <mar@××.lv>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Shutdown/Restart Issue
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 07:56:24
1 On Friday 04 November 2005 20:49, C. Beamer wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > Recently, I've started to experience an issue when trying to restart
5 > or shutdown my computer using the K menu "Log Out" selection, which
6 > gives the options to "End Current Session", "Restart the Computer",
7 > "Turn of the Computer" and of course, "Cancel". If I select to
8 > restart or turn off the computer, the computer will do neither. My
9 > monitor shuts down, but the computer itself neither restarts or shuts
10 > off depending on which selection I've made.
11
12 i,v run into this problem few weeks ago too with no luck fixing it. yes, and
13 sometimes shutdown from console fails too.
14 only guess in list was - "It seems X f***s up your video memory, or something
15 of this kind". Anyway should check forums and bugs for something similar.
16
17 martins
20 Linux 2.6.13 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
21 09:46:18 up 45 min, 5 users, load average: 0.02, 0.09, 0.55
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list