From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Does mplayer use it's own internal ffmpeg on Gentoo?
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 19:22:28
1 On 08/20/2009 09:59 PM, Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Nikos Chantziaras<realnc@×××××.de> wrote:
3 >> I see that mplayer does not have a dep on ffmpeg. Am I right in assuming
4 >> that mplayer on Gentoo uses its own, bundled ffmpeg?
5 >
6 > It looks to me like that is correct, it appears to be using its own
7 > internal copy of ffmpeg's libav*.
8
9 And I suppose there's no way to change that? I was trying to create an
10 ebuild for ffmpeg-mt (a version that supports multi-core CPUs) to speed
11 up playback of full HD video. This is quite popular in the Windows
12 world (most Windows builds of mplayer support multi-core systems by
13 using ffmpeg-mt). There are also debs and RPMs for this floating
14 around. But nothing for Gentoo so I'm trying to roll my own, but I'm
15 not sure how to do it. Bundled libs were always a pain in the bum...