From: Christoph Daldrup <cd-news@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] dhcpcd 2.0.0 - Boot process hangs
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:36:28
1 Hello Gentoo-Users,
2
3 I've recently done an "emerge -tuvD world" and dhcpcd was updated from
4 version dhcpcd-1.3.22_p4-r11 to version 2.0.0. The emerge went fine, no
5 error message, no note to update config-files, everything seemed to be fine.
6
7 But at the next reboot, I wasn't able to get an IP adress, and the boot
8 process hanged at that stage. The last thing shown looked like the MAC
9 adress, although I'm not sure on that.
10 The only thing I could do to get my working gentoo back was booting with
11 knoppix, chrooting and going back to the old version of dhcpcd.
12
13 Now everything works fine with the old version again, but I'd like to
14 know if that is a bug or if I've done something wrong.
15
16 TIA
17 Christoph
18 --