From: Franta <sdoma@××××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ALSA issue
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 20:52:42
1 On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 23:40 +0100, Christoph Eckert wrote:
2 > > Sound was working - at least mpeg files were with sound. This started
3 > > with an update world somewhen during november last year.
4 >
5 > check /etc/modules.d/alsa, that's where your soundcard configuration
6 > lives. If it doesn't contain a matching configuration, enter it
7 > manually or run alsaconf as root (it's part of alsa-utils).
10 > Best regards
11
12 Well, I ran alsaconf just now.
13
14 It told me that it cant find neither soundcard 0 nor soundcard 1 during
15 restoring of the mixer levels.
16
17 That's the same behaviour I get during boot.
18
19 As I stated in the initial post I had sound. Te only thing changed are
20 some emerge -u.
21
22 Dunno. I have the "great" feeling that this is a system for which I'll
23 have to follow discussions, read (changing) documentation and so on for
24 10 hours to have one hour of work with it.
25
26 Why the hick things stop working so often?????
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list