From: Indi <thebeelzebubtrigger@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: thunderbird "fixed" folders? [SOLVED]
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 15:35:46
1 On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 17:13:39 +0200
2 Sebastian Beßler <sebastian@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > As an extension of my previous mail there is although the addon
5 > stylish that can be used to set all that without the need to restart
6 > thunderbird for every change.
7 >
8 > https://addons.mozilla.org/de/thunderbird/addon/stylish/
11 Wow, can't believe stylish didn't show up while searching for
12 "accessibility" and "fonts"! Bonehead search engine...
13
14 Stylish is exactly the right thing, at least in firefox. It's what
15 allows me to make many web pages readable (that and the "View.Page
16 Style.No Style" menu option, which I have bound to the "x" key).
17 *If* that works in tbird3 it probably would address my problem.
18
19 Unfortunately for the tbird devs, all that stuff is not a bit obvious
20 and so they lose out to the far more common sense option of claws-mail.
21 Fonts, address book, and everything else so far Just Works.
22 Virtually idiot-proof, which is great news for me! It means I won't have
23 to spend 10 minutes of every other hour the next three months explaining
24 how to do simple things in email and listening to people whine
25 about it. :D
26
27 So my plan is to preset thunderbird as a last resort unsupported option
28 for those who dislike the options I'm supporting, which are mutt,
29 evolution, and claws-mail. Everybody seems to hate mutt and evolution,
30 though, and amazingly at least two still mention how much they miss
31 having Outhouse Distress...
34 caveat utilitor