From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Build problems due to invalid libtool arguments
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 11:44:08
1 Pandu Poluan wrote:
2 > On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 15:56, Sebastian Beßler
3 > <sebastian@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> On 27.12.2011 15:21, James wrote:
6 >>
7 >>> env-update&& source /etc/profile&& etc-update&& eix-update
8 >>>
9 >>> Run it often and resync every 12 hours too.
10 >> I thought you should only sync once every 24 hours to limit network
11 >> costs and stress for the mirrors.
12 >>
13 >> From the motd of todays sync:
14 >>
15 >> "Please note: common gentoo-netiquette says you should not sync more
16 >> than once a day. Users who abuse the rsync.gentoo.org rotation
17 >> may be added to a temporary ban list."
18 >>
19 > AFAIK, that limitation is enforced for rsync.gentoo.org only.
20 >
21 > I personally use a non *.gentoo.org servers for syncing. Much much
22 > MUCH faster for me, by a factor of 2 or 3.
23 >
24 > Rgds,
27 There used to be a server that allowed unlimited syncs. As far as I
28 know, that was the only one and it changed from unlimited to once a day
29 a year or so ago. Unless the MOTD says it is unlimited then I would
30 think it is once a day. Once a day has been the rule ever since I
31 started using Gentoo. Unless there is a problem with the tree, I don't
32 understand why anyone, except a dev maybe, would need to sync twice a
33 day. Heck, I sometimes go two or three days and still have nothing to
34 update.
35
36 Dale
37
41 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
42
43 Miss the compile output? Hint:
44 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"