From: Mike Kazantsev <mk.fraggod@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] In search of a "good" windowmanager
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 18:01:13
1 On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 17:38:28 +0200
2 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3
4 > One thing I really miss (hopefully only based on the lack of
5 > experience with the configuration of fluxbox):
6 >
7 > In IceWM I can type ALT-TAB, which pops up the application menu (so far
8 > I can use the key file in ~/.fluxbox to acchieve the same I think) and
9 > type the first character of the application I want to start.
10 > If it is the only application, it starts at once.
11 > If it is not I either can hit <RETURN>, which starts the application
12 > or press the character/key again to choose the second/third/and so on
13 > application with that starting character.
14 >
15 > Or in other words: Starting applications does not involve the mouse.
16
17 You can use "fbrun" util, or some more advanced launcher app like that,
18 bet there should be more than one, and it doesn't seem to be a feat
19 closely related to WM.
22 Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net