From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mounting USB Flash Drive
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 19:03:00
1 Don't know if it relates to your case but I had a
2 similar problem until I realized the device was
3 formatted FAT16. Once I added proper support to my
4 kernel config it was smooth sailing.
5
6 --- Lord Sauron <lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com> wrote:
7
8 > Hi - again.
9 >
10 > You are totally free to get tired of me and
11 > completely ignore me.
12 > Please, just make sure that you all don't do it all
13 > at the same time ;
14 > )
15 >
16 > Anyways, I've been working to try and mount my USB
17 > Flash disk so that
18 > I can use the stuff I backed up from my old Kubuntu
19 > install. However,
20 > /dev/sda1 isn't in /etc/fstab, though usbfs is in
21 > /etc/mtab.
22 >
23 > > Sort of a side thing... what's the difference
24 > between fstab and mtab?
25 >
26 > Well, I've narrowed it down to at least one thing: I
27 > don't have a
28 > mount point for my poor USB Disk. I looked through
29 > *all* the 1,400
30 > some-odd lines in the mount command's man page,
31 > however, I got no
32 > clues, not even a related command. I also # ls /bin
33 > to see if there
34 > was anything there... I didn't see anything that
35 > made sense to me.
36 >
37 > I've only ever mounted stuff using the graphical
38 > tool that Kubuntu
39 > supplied, so that's where my ignorance comes from.
40 >
41 > Thanks for your help!'
42 >
43 > --
44 > ========== GCv3.12 ==========
45 > GCS d-(++) s+: a? C++ UL+>++++ P+
46 > L++ E--- W+(+++) N++ o? K? w--- O? M+
47 > V? PS- PE+ Y-(--) PGP- t+++ 5? X R tv-- b+
48 > DI+++ D+ G e* h- !r !y
49 > ========= END GCv3.12 ========
50 >
51 > --
52 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
58 Do You Yahoo!?
59 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
60 http://mail.yahoo.com
61 --
62 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list