From: Rumen Yotov <rumen_yotov@×××.bg>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Testing how secure a server is...
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 05:24:28
1 Hi,
2 Raphael Melo de Oliveira Bastos Sales wrote:
3
4 >Which IDS system do you recommend? I also need to worry about HTTP
5 >auth brute force. Know any way to stop it from happening?
6 >
7 >I've read about HoneyPots, which I can only assume is a decoy for an
8 >attacker. Anyone knows how to set one up?
9 >
10 >I have a feeling that there isn't much I can do if a pro actually
11 >tries to break the system. All I can do is avoid the dummies from
12 >doing it as well.
16 ..SNIP...
17 For a long time using 'prelude+snort' easy to set up and use, all are in
18 portage and there is a guide to setup.
19 Or just snort alone. Simpler easier.
20 HTH. Rumen

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature