From: Kristian Poul Herkild <kristian@×××××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gcc-4.1.1
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 15:05:52
1 Mohammed Hagag wrote:
2 > i just want to know if any one here have built a full desktop with
3 > gcc-4.1.1 without problems ?
4 > i have some problems with xf86 video drivers and some other ebuilds.
5 >
6 > i did a bootstartp from normal stage3 and i'm doing emerge -e world
7 > now but some important packages did not compile most of the with
8 > errors about glibc include files.
9 >
10 > any one here know any thing about these problems ??
11
12 It works fine here. A few packages (mostly GNUstep ones) fails to
13 compile with GCC-4.1.1 (at least with my configuration), but we are
14 talking very few packages.
15
16 Just remember to do 'emerge -e system && emerge -e world' and you'll be
17 fine.
18
19 -Herkild
20 --