From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Relocating notification popup KDE-4.5
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 01:04:43
1 walt wrote:
2 > On 11/29/2010 12:09 PM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >
4 >> Such a simple thing and I cannot find how to do it.
5 >
6 > I tried kde 4.x during its early Dark Days and finally gave up in
7 > complete bafflement.
8 >
9 > Well, so many people in this group are enthusiastic supporters of
10 > kde I decided I'd give it another go over our long holiday weekend.
11 >
12 > I dreaded the thought of compiling the entire kde desktop on gentoo
13 > (again!) so instead I came up with the brilliant idea of installing
14 > kubuntu on a VirtualBox linux guest machine on my gentoo host.
15 >
16 > The installation of kubuntu was brain-dead-easy (that's the whole
17 > point of *ubuntu, after all) but when I logged in and started to
18 > use the kubuntu kde desktop to do actual work (shudder) I quickly
19 > found myself in a hopeless muddle (yet again!).
20 >
21 > My theory is that anyone over forty just doesn't understand what
22 > young-punk developers are about, these days.
23 >
24 > When I was a young punk myself, long ago, the mantra was "Don't
25 > trust anyone over forty!" (But I don't suppose you're old enough
26 > to remember those days.)
27 >
28 > I think today's young-punk developers must certainly feel the same
29 > way about old-fart (over-forty) lusers like me. (You?)
32 I'm over 40. I been using KDE4 for a while now. It doesn't get on my
33 nerves, to much. lol
34
35 Dale
36