From: YoYo siska <yoyo@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: ctrl+alt+fx doesn't work [SOLVED]
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 20:35:23
1 On Sat, Sep 06, 2008 at 12:43:04AM +0200, pat wrote:
2 > Problem is this line in the keyboard section:
3 > Option "XkbLayout" "us,cz"
4 >
5 > Simply, enabling another language disable switching to console (I've check it
6 > for another languages too). Ugh =8-()
7 >
8 > If someone is able to explain why that happen and how to solve it for two
9 > languages I'll be glad :-)
10 >
11 > But right now I'm setting up the dualhead display, so I need to switch to
12 > console ... after that I'll turn on the language :-D
13 >
14 > Thanks to Dale and others for help
15 >
16 > Pat
17
18 I remember that some (older) versions of evdev drivers had problems with
19 VT switching (and layouts in general ;) but it seems to work for me for
20 some time now...
23 btw, if you are really desperate you can always map ctrl-alt-fX to commands like "sudo chvt 1" :)
24
25 yoyo
28 _
29 |