From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is GWN dead?
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 13:34:54
1 Norman Rieß wrote:
2 > b.n. schrieb:
3 >> Norman Rieß ha scritto:
6 >>> I have installed Gentoo in many ways, the old UniversalCD, the LiveCD,
7 >>> others Distros LiveCD's, from a working Gentooinstallation to a
8 >>> usb-connected drive which was transferred to boot in a old laptop and so on.
9 >>> But i still think a Gentoo-Install-CD/DVD is a good thing.
10 >>>
11 >>
12 >> Any practical reason for that?
13 >>
14 >> m.
15 >>
16 > No, only psychological, political, philosophical ones.
17 >
18 > Norman
19
20 I agree. While Gentoo can be installed, fixed or whatever without a
21 install CD, it is the first thing a person looks for to install from. I
22 guess one way to look at it is this, someone looking to install Mandriva
23 wouldn't be looking for anything else but a Mandriva CD. It's just
24 logical to me. Heck, even though I am on the slowest dial-up I have
25 even seen, I still keep the latest install CD laying around just in
26 case. I also have a old Knoppix tho. o_O
27
28 Maybe things will get back on track soon.
29
30 Dale
31
33 --