From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] install gentoo via ssh
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 15:34:15
1 * Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> wrote:
2 > Marco Calviani wrote:
3 > >Hi list,
4 > > i would like to know if anyone have had experiences in installing
5 > >gentoo on a remote machine using ssh. Is it possible?
6 >
7 > I'm not quite sure what you mean with that.
8
9 IFAIU Marco wants to log into some linux box via ssh and install
10 gentoo there (over the existing system).
11
12 Well, interesting question. I'm also planning to do this.
13 As long as you do not have any backup remote access (ie. directly
14 to the disk or filesystem, an backup os, ...) its gonna be risky.
15 This would require the install to go 100% right (at least to the
16 point where network + sshd is up).
17
18 I'd suggest installing gentoo in an chroot jail and try out
19 evrything, move ssh to another port and run all services
20 (including gentoo's ssh) within the jail.
21
22 If evrything's proved to be running, change into the jail, cleanup
23 the root system (you can access it via bind-mounts) and copy
24 down the whole thing.
27 cu
28 --
29 ---------------------------------------------------------------------
30 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service
31
32 phone: +49 36207 519931 www: http://www.metux.de/
33 fax: +49 36207 519932 email: contact@×××××.de
34 cellphone: +49 174 7066481
36 -- DSL ab 0 Euro. -- statische IP -- UUCP -- Hosting -- Webshops --
38 --
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list